Thursday, July 16, 2009

Slow summer

I haven't posted in a while because there hasn't been much going on. The first weekend in July I went to a women's frisbee tournament with team Frankas, comprised of women from Würzburg, Bomberg, Nürnburg, and one other city in Franconia (part of Bavaria). We were a decent team and had several close matches but just didn't play well together and so only won our last one. It was a fun tournament though, and of course lots of frisbee :) Here's our team -
I spent the week after the tournament just doing research, well, working in mathematica trying to simulate negative refraction (my project topic). Hopefully I'll get to start actually taking data next week. I did much the same this week as well, with the exception of Kiliani. Kiliani is a festival that is held every summer consisting of lots of carnival rides and food tents, as well as a large beer hall. My room mates and I visited it twice, rode the ferris wheel and partook in the 1 liter beers offered at the tents. I wanted one of the mugs and couldn't find a place to buy them, so when three elder Germans sitting next to us told me that I should take my stein after drinking the liter, I was rather easy to persuade and now I have a Würzburger Hofbrau bier stein :)

This week has been filled with Grey's Anatomy and trying to work on my research. This weekend Hayley and I are headed to Italy for what will probably be my last international adventure of the summer (funds are running out, as are available weekends), so definitely a much longer, more interesting post to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment