Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One week

So I have one week left in Europe. Pretty crazy, this will be the first time in 2009 that I am in America for more than 4 days. I'm excited to go home! So since the last update I've had the fun development that our internet stopped working at home. This means that I now journey to either the university or the internet cafe in the city to check my email, usually every other day or so. This also means that no pictures to this entry because I don't have time to add them.

Aside from learning how to survive without internet, my room mates and I had to give our final presentations yesterday about our summer work. It's our only real graded part of the summer, but it, like everything else, was rather informal. We had members from each of our groups come and we just talked about our work and they asked questions. Good practice for giving scientific talks. I also actually started taking data today, or trying to. We have everything set up, just need more liquid helium to cool down our sample, which we should get tomorrow. It's kind of ironic that I am only now taking data, a week before leaving and after giving my presentation. Oh well, at least it happened before I left :)

Frisbee has also been fun, now that Germany's school is out for their summer practices have been much less well attended and more just fun playing. It's still been great though. We even had lessons in how to layout after one of the women's practices. By layout I mean the frisbee term (diving for a disk), not sitting in the sun ;) It was fun, we did it on the beach volleyball courts so it wouldn't hurt so much when we landed :P

The first of my room mates, Hayley, left today and the other two are headed back to Texas tomorrow so it will just be me for the last bit, but it will go by fast and I'll be back in Austin in no time! Possibly even after a day trip this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment